Visiting the United States is a dream for many people around the world, but it can be tricky to get your visa application approved.
The U. S. Department of State issues visas to foreigners who wish to temporarily travel to the U. S. for business or leisure. Getting approved for a visa can be a daunting process and require submitting various forms and documents, so here are some steps to take to get you on your way to America.
Getting a visiting visa to the USA is a simple process. Depending on which country you come from, you might be eligible for an ESTA (the Electronic System for Travel Authorization) or you may need to apply for a B-1/B-2 visa.
The B-1/B-2 visa is valid for 10 years after it is issued and allows for multiple entries into the US, up to 180 days per entry.
To apply for a visa, the first step is to complete an online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160.
You will also need to provide a recent digital photograph and other documents including a valid passport, proof of funds to cover your stay in the US, and evidence that you will return to your home country.
It is also recommended to provide letters of support for your visit to the US, details of who you are staying with and where, air ticket information and financial documents.
The application fee for a B-1/B-2 visa is USD 160 and the processing time varies depending on the country you are applying from.
As of November 2022, the median worldwide wait time for a tourist visa interview appointment is about two months. In some cases, you can apply for an emergency appointment, usually available within days.
If you want to make the visa application process simpler, you can use iVisa to complete the application form. iVisa’s customer service team will also help you to find out if any extra documents are needed during the application process.
To sum up, getting a visiting visa to the USA is relatively straightforward, provided you have all the required documents and information. It is important to remember that even though a B-1/B-2 visa is valid for 10 years, you can stay in the US for no longer than 180 days per entry.
Obtaining a US Visit Visa can be done by following these steps:
- Check if you are eligible to apply for a visa and determine the type of visa that you need.
- Gather the necessary documents for your application, including a valid passport, a Non-Immigrant Visa Application Form DS-160 confirmation page, a digital photograph, and evidence of your purpose of travel, intent to depart the US after your trip, and ability to cover the costs of your trip.
- Pay your US visa application fee.
- Schedule an appointment with the US Embassy or Consulate where you will apply.
- Attend the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
- Wait for the decision on your visa application.
As of November 2022, the median worldwide wait time for a tourist visa (B1/B2) interview appointment is about two months. If you have an urgent travel need, you may be able to apply for an emergency appointment.