Can I sponsor my parents to visit USA if I am a green card holder married to US citizen

If you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States, you may sponsor your parents to come to the United States as permanent residents. Here’s how.

If you are a green card holder, you may sponsor your parents to visit the United States. The process is as follows:

1. You must first file an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

This petition establishes your relationship to your parent(s).

2. Once the I-130 is approved, your parent(s) will then need to apply for a visitor visa at their local US embassy or consulate.

3. If the visa is approved, your parent(s) can then travel to the United States.

They will need to present their visa and other required documents (such as proof of financial support) when they arrive at a US port of entry.

4. Once in the United States, your parent(s) can stay for up to six months.

If they wish to stay longer, they will need to apply for an extension of stay.

The above process is a general outline of what is required to sponsor your parents to visit the United States.

It is important to note that specific requirements may vary depending on your individual circumstances.

For example, if your parent(s) have been previously denied a US visa, they may need to undergo additional screening.

What visa is required for parents of green card holders to visit the USA

If the parent of a green cardholder wishes to visit the United States, they will need to obtain a visitor visa.

If the parent does not have a valid passport, they will also need to obtain one before applying for a visa.

The parent will need to complete an application for a visa, which can be done online, and submit it to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

The parent will also need to provide proof of their relationship to the green card holder, as well as evidence of their financial ability to support themselves during their stay in the United States.

Applying for a visit visa

The process of applying for a visit visa for parents can be started by the child who is a citizen of the country that the parents wish to visit.

The child will need to gather some documents, including the parents’ passports, birth certificates, and proof of relationship to the child.

The child will also need to fill out an application form and submit it to the embassy or consulate of the country that the parents wish to visit.

The following are the steps for applying for a US visa:

1. Complete the online visa application form (DS-160) and print the confirmation page.

2. Schedule an appointment for an interview at the US embassy or consulate.

3. Pay the visa application fee and any other required fees.

4. Gather all required documents, including the confirmation page of the DS-160 form, and take them to the interview.

5. After the interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa has been approved or denied. If approved, you will be given a visa packet containing your passport and visa.

Leave a Comment


Flamingo Villas
Ajman Media City,
UAE 4422

Visiting Parent Logo

Get Updates